- Freelance Content Scout, South Asian languages, Oxford Dictionaries
- Oxford University Press
- Отрасль экономики
- Редакционное дело
Oxford University Press (OUP) is a department of the University of Oxford, which furthers the University’s objective of excellence in research, scholarship, and education by publishing worldwide.
Global Academic publishes books, journals and digital resources for the research, professional and higher education markets.
The Dictionaries Division publishes the flagship online products Oxford English Dictionary (OED) and Oxforddictionaries.com, leads innovation in digital lexical publishing and licensing working with the world’s largest technology and information providers, and manages exciting, mission-led initiatives such as the Oxford Global Languages (OGL) programme. With the help of language communities worldwide, the OGL programme is developing lexical materials for the future across 100 digitally under-represented languages, and making these accessible online to millions of people all over the world. For more information, see: www.oxforddictionaries.com/ogl
About the Role
We are looking for an enthusiastic, motivated, freelance Content Scout for South Asian languages. Based in India and prepared to travel extensively throughout South Asia, you will research and identify high quality lexical content in multiple South Asian languages to feed into and meet the strategic goals of the publishing and licensing activities of the Oxford Dictionaries programme. You will be a proven self-starter with a can-do attitude and a track record of delivering high profile objectives, while being managed remotely.
This is a freelance post, with no requirement for you to be based in an OUP office.
- Finding and establishing relations with potential content owners in South Asia to source the best quality lexical content and most efficient relationships in a designated list of South Asian languages
- Acquiring sample content for evaluation by Oxford Dictionaries’ evaluation team so as to inform acquisition decisions
- Making recommendations as to an acquisition’s best fit with programme needs
- Initiating negotiations, following agreed procedures, and taking these through to a successful conclusion, ensuring that risks and opportunities are highlighted
- Following all established procedures and contracting guidelines, with strict adherence to OUP’s ethical policies throughout, including in regard to confidentiality
- Maintaining and fostering good relationships throughout the acquisition process
- Participating in and making suggestions for streamlining and improving systems and processes, especially as regards negotiations and contracts in the territory
- Ensuring that the your behaviour is aligned with OUP’s mission and that the Oxford Dictionaries brand values are displayed in any contact with third parties
You will have:
- Good undergraduate degree or equivalent
- Fluency in at least one Indian language and in English
- Excellent networking skills, with a self-starter attitude and knowledge of opportunities in the digital sphere
- Strong communication skills, with the ability to manage direct contact by phone/email/face-to-face with content owners and to explain contract terms clearly and effectively
- Initiative and self-motivation, with ability to grasp principles of lexical publishing and data
- Empathy with different company cultures and content owner sensitivities
- Experience of being managed remotely and organizational skills to ensure efficient and proactive work practices
- Affinity with OUP’s mission
- Knowledge of at least one other Indian language
- Language knowledge and interest, especially in digitally under-represented languages
Как подать заявку на эту работу:
Please send your application and a covering email to: OxfordGlobalLanguages@oup.com quoting Content Scout: ref: ODCS Dec 2016 in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: Sunday 18 December 2016